Tuesday 10 March 2015

Step Out Tonight

song of the day - Step Out by Oasis
A few weeks ago MAC released a new collection (as they constantly seem to do) designed in collaboration with Isabel and Ruben Toledo. I've been waiting for this collection since I saw the promo photos on Temptalia's blog in January. The main reason I was attracted to this collection was because of the blush ombre's, they look so pretty. Sadly the shade I wanted was sold out. I did manage to get one of the lipsticks though.
I went for Oxblood, which contrary to the name is a nude. This seems to be the most popular colour from the collection, and it's sold out on the majority of websites. If you can find it I'd definitely recommend buying it. It's paler/more peachy on the lips, than it is in the bullet.
Oxblood is a matte, and described on the MAC website as a light peach nude, which it is. This is the type of colour that I would wear to work, because it's not in your face but still very pretty. As you can see in the picture above it's a very natural colour.
I'm not the biggest fan of MAC's matte formula, but with a hydrating lip balm underneath this colour goes on very smoothly. It lasts an alright amount of time (over 3 hours), and the pigmentation is pretty good. Then again, mattes usually are.
Have you made any purchases from any of the recent MAC collections? Are you a nude or bold (lipstick) kind of person?
Rubi
Follow me on •BloglovinInstagramTwitterPinterest

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely adore how subtle this shade is - it looks so pretty on you! Also loving the lay-out of your blog and your posts! You've got yourself a new follower, keep up the great work!

    xo Mel || Sketch & Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that is the perfect nude shade! I've been trying to find one for ages, this might be 'the one'

    Tweet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore MAC limited edition collections! I actually have a post up about them now :)

    The latest. Beauty & Colour || Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really pretty colour - another one to add to my wishlist!

    Sally
    www.sallyakins.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it! If you want to contact me privately you can email me at rubi_ani@hotmail.co.uk
If you leave a link to your blog/website I will be sure to check it out!

Blogger Template by pipdig